The Teen Driver feature in Cadillac vehicles is designed to help promote safe driving habits for young drivers. It allows parents or guardians to set certain driving restrictions and receive reports on the driving behavior of their teen drivers. The steps to enable the Teen Driver feature may vary depending on the model and year of your Cadillac, but here’s a general guide:
Enabling the Teen Driver Feature:
- Access the Settings Menu: Start by turning on the ignition and accessing the vehicle’s infotainment system.
- Navigate to the Teen Driver Section: Using the touchscreen display, navigate to the settings menu. Look for a section labeled “Teen Driver” or something similar. The location of this section may vary depending on your vehicle’s infotainment system.
- Create a Teen Driver Key: In some Cadillac models, the Teen Driver feature requires a special Teen Driver key fob. This key fob can be created within the Teen Driver settings. Follow the on-screen prompts to create the key fob and assign it to your teen driver.
- Set Up Restrictions: Once the Teen Driver key fob is created, you can set up various driving restrictions. These might include speed limits, audio volume limits, and more. Customize the restrictions based on your preferences and safety concerns.
- Review and Confirm Settings: After configuring the restrictions, review the settings to ensure they match your preferences. Confirm the settings to activate the Teen Driver feature.
- Retrieve Driving Reports: As your teen driver uses the Teen Driver key fob, the vehicle’s system will track driving behavior and generate reports.
- Access Reports via Infotainment System: You can access these reports by navigating to the Teen Driver section on the infotainment system. The reports will provide information on distance driven, speed, any safety features triggered, and more.
- Parental Controls: Depending on the model, you might also have the option to set a PIN to restrict access to certain infotainment features while the Teen Driver key fob is in use.
Keep in mind that the specific steps and available features can vary based on the Cadillac model and year. It’s essential to refer to your vehicle’s owner’s manual for accurate and detailed instructions specific to your vehicle. If you’re unsure about how to enable or use the Teen Driver feature, you can also reach out to a Cadillac dealership for assistance.
Here are a few videos to help with the teen driver settings on your Cadillac:
- How to use Cadillac Teen Driver – Video
- How to Use Teen Driver mode 2023 Cadillac CT5 – Video
- How To Set Up Teen Driver Technology – Video