I had an issue with the glove box on my Cadillac XTS where the thing would get stuck once I tried to open it. I would press the button to open the glove box and all it kept doing was making a “click-click” sound and it wouldn’t open.
Here are some steps on how to open a stuck glove box on a Cadillac XTS:
- Locate the glove box release button. It is usually located on the bottom of the glove box door.
- Press and hold the release button.
- While still holding the release button, pull on the glove box door handle.
- If the glove box door does not open, try wiggling it back and forth.
- If the glove box door still does not open, you may need to use a flathead screwdriver to pry it open.
- Be careful not to damage the glove box door or the surrounding trim.
Once the glove box door is open, you can inspect the latch mechanism to see what is causing it to stick. If the latch is dirty or corroded, you can clean it with a mild soap and water solution. If the latch is damaged, you may need to replace it.
Here are some additional tips for opening a stuck glove box:
- If the glove box door is only slightly stuck, you can try lubricating the latch mechanism with a spray lubricant.
- If the glove box door is completely stuck, you may need to remove the glove box assembly to access the latch mechanism.
- If you are unable to open the glove box door yourself, you can take your vehicle to a qualified mechanic for assistance.
Here are some common causes of a stuck glove box:
- Debris or dirt buildup in the latch mechanism
- Damage to the latch mechanism
- A malfunctioning actuator
- A faulty wiring harness
If you are able to identify the cause of the stuck glove box, you can take steps to fix it yourself or take your vehicle to a qualified mechanic for assistance.
Has this happened to anyone else? Leave a comment below and let others know how you went about fixing this on your Cadillac.