The process for folding down the rear seats to create additional cargo space in a Cadillac may vary depending on the specific model and year of your vehicle. However, I can provide you with a general guideline that should apply to many Cadillac models. For the most accurate instructions, it’s recommended to refer to your vehicle’s owner’s manual. Here are the typical steps:
- Locate the Seat Release Levers: In the rear passenger area of the vehicle, locate the seat release levers or handles for the rear seats. These are usually located near the top of the seatbacks or in the trunk area, depending on the model.
- Adjust Front Seats (if necessary): Before folding down the rear seats, you might need to adjust the front seats to provide enough clearance for the rear seatbacks to fold. Move the front seats forward or adjust them as needed.
- Lower the Headrests: If your rear seats have adjustable headrests, lower them to make it easier to fold down the seatbacks.
- Release Seatbacks: Pull the seat release lever or handle for each rear seat that you want to fold down. This might involve pushing the seatback forward or releasing a latch.
- Fold Down Seatbacks: After releasing the seatbacks, gently push them forward to fold them down. Depending on the model, the seatbacks might fold flat or at an angle, so ensure that they are securely locked in the folded position.
- Secure Seatbelts: If there are seatbelts attached to the rear seatbacks, make sure to secure them so that they are not in the way of your cargo.
- Test Stability: After folding down the rear seatbacks, ensure that they are securely locked in place and that there is no movement when you press on them. This will help prevent the seatbacks from unexpectedly folding back up while driving.
- Load Cargo: With the rear seatbacks folded down, you can now load your cargo into the expanded cargo area.
Remember that the process might vary based on the specific model of your Cadillac. Always consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual for the most accurate and detailed instructions tailored to your vehicle. If you’re unsure about any step or encounter any difficulties, it’s recommended to seek guidance from a Cadillac dealership or customer service.
Here are a few videos that might help with the rear seats of your Cadillac: