Night Vision is a feature available in some Cadillac models that uses infrared technology to enhance visibility during nighttime driving by detecting pedestrians and large animals beyond the reach of your headlights. The process to activate the Night Vision feature may vary depending on the specific model and year of your Cadillac. However, I can provide you with a general guide on how to activate it:
Activating the Night Vision Feature:
- Turn on the Ignition: Start by turning on the ignition to power up the vehicle’s systems.
- Access the Infotainment System: Use the vehicle’s infotainment system to access the Night Vision settings. This is typically done using the touchscreen display or physical controls located in the vehicle.
- Navigate to Settings: Within the infotainment system, navigate to the “Settings” or “Vehicle Settings” menu. The specific location of this menu may vary based on your vehicle’s infotainment interface.
- Night Vision Settings: Look for an option related to Night Vision settings. This might be labeled as “Night Vision,” “Night Vision System,” or something similar.
- Activate Night Vision: Within the Night Vision settings, you can usually activate the Night Vision feature. This might involve toggling a switch or selecting an “On” option.
- Observe the Display: Once you’ve activated the Night Vision feature, you might need to adjust the display settings. In some models, Night Vision information can be displayed on the instrument cluster or infotainment screen. You may see highlighted areas indicating the presence of pedestrians or large animals beyond the reach of your headlights.
- Use the Feature: While driving at night, observe the Night Vision display to detect pedestrians and large animals that might not be visible with your regular headlights alone.
- Deactivate Night Vision: To deactivate the Night Vision feature, you can typically access the Night Vision settings again and toggle the switch to “Off.”
Note: The specific activation process and available settings for the Night Vision feature can vary between different Cadillac models and years. Always refer to your vehicle’s owner’s manual for accurate and detailed instructions tailored to your vehicle.
If you’re unsure about how to activate or use the Night Vision feature in your Cadillac or if you encounter any difficulties, it’s recommended to consult the owner’s manual or contact a Cadillac dealership for assistance. They can provide you with model-specific guidance to ensure you’re using the Night Vision feature effectively and safely.
Here are a few videos that go over the Night Vision Feature on your Cadillac:
- Cadillac CT6 Enhanced Night Vision – Video
- 2000 Cadillac Deville DTS Night Vision Commercial – Video
- Cadillac XT6 Nightvision Feature Details – Video
- Cadillac Night Vision Camera Demo – Video
- Night Thermal Vision and Headlight Test – Video