The Adaptive Forward Lighting (AFL) system in Cadillac vehicles is designed to improve nighttime visibility by adjusting the direction of the headlights based on steering input and driving conditions. The process to activate the AFL system may vary depending on the specific model and year of your Cadillac. However, I can provide you with a general guide on how to activate the AFL system:
Activating the Adaptive Forward Lighting System:
- Turn on the Ignition: Start by turning on the ignition to power up the vehicle’s systems.
- Access the Headlight Controls: Locate the headlight control switch or dial. This is usually located on the dashboard near the steering wheel.
- Turn on the Headlights: Turn on the headlights using the headlight control switch. In many Cadillac models, the AFL system is automatically activated when the headlights are turned on.
- Drive at Night: To fully experience the benefits of the Adaptive Forward Lighting system, you need to drive the vehicle at night or in low-light conditions.
- Observe Headlight Movement: As you drive and make steering inputs, observe how the headlights adjust their direction to illuminate the road ahead more effectively around curves and corners.
- Check Settings (if available): Some Cadillac models might offer additional settings to adjust the behavior of the AFL system. These settings could include adjusting the sensitivity of the system or customizing its behavior. Refer to your owner’s manual for information on available settings and how to access them.
Note: The specific activation process and available settings for the Adaptive Forward Lighting system can vary between different Cadillac models and years. Always refer to your vehicle’s owner’s manual for accurate and detailed instructions tailored to your vehicle.
If you’re unsure about how to activate or use the Adaptive Forward Lighting system in your Cadillac, or if you encounter any difficulties, it’s recommended to consult the owner’s manual or contact a Cadillac dealership for assistance. They can provide you with model-specific guidance to ensure you’re using the AFL system effectively and safely.
Here are a few videos that can help you with the Adaptive Forward Lighting (AFL) system: