To open the hood of a Cadillac CT6, follow these steps:
- Put the car in park and turn off the engine.
- Open the driver’s door.
- Locate the hood release lever. The lever is located under the dashboard on the driver’s side, near the left footwell.
- Pull the hood release lever up twice. The first pull will release the hood latch, and the second pull will raise the hood.
- Stand in front of the car and lift the hood up. There is a hood prop rod located on the left side of the engine compartment. Use the prop rod to prop the hood open.
Here are some additional tips:
- If the hood is stuck, you can try banging on the bottom of the hood to loosen it.
- If the hood release lever is broken, you can use a coat hanger to reach through the grille and release the hood latch.
- Be careful not to hit the engine or other components when you are opening the hood.
Here are some safety tips to keep in mind when opening the hood of a car:
- Always wear safety glasses when working under the hood.
- Be careful not to touch any hot or moving parts.
- Do not smoke or allow open flames near the engine.
Here are some video tutorials that might help assist you with opening the hood of your Cadillac CT6:
- How to Open the Hood of a Cadillac – Video
- 2016 Cadillac CT6 open the hood – Video
- How to Replace Hood Latch 08-14 Cadillac CTS – Video
- Cadillac ATS – How to open the hood – Video
- Cadillac ATS Hood Release Location / How to Open – Video